How much should i pay for a light?
Great first question!
We always get asked ‘whats a normal spend’ when looking for home and garden lighting, and thankfully we have a great answer to help you work out its worth. Answer these questions to calculate your budget for light fixtures:
- How long will you have this lighting (in days)? – use the table below if your stuck
- How much will the light cost?
Now do the maths:
My light costs £200 and it will go in my Kitchen meaning i should have it for 10 years or 3650 days*, so £200 divided by 3650 days is a cost of only £0.05 per day!
Now lets look at average costs per room:
- Living Rooms (Sitting Room, Dining Room, Kitchen) – on average £500
- Bedroom Lights – on average £140
- Hall / Foyer / Landing – on average £400
- Table / Floor light (anywhere) – on average £110
As easy as 1-2-3.. thats you all set to go shopping!
Useful table for the life expectancy of a light fitting:
- Recessed Lighting – 20 years
- Living Space Lights (Sitting Room, Dining Room, Kitchen) – 10 years
- Bedroom lights – 15 years
- Table / Floor Lamps – 8 years
* 365 days in 1 calender year